Area activities and tourism near Elkins, West Virginia is as much as an adventure while also being a mecca of local art, culture and history for WV. Furthermore we are located between two ski resorts, Canaan Valley Ski Resort (30 min) & Snow Show Ski Resort ( 70 min). In addition, Elkins WV is home to Durbin & Greenbrier Valley Railroad where you can catch the Polar Express or the New Tygart Flyer.
Outdoor Activities in and around Randolph County, WV.
- Monongahela National Park: Cabins sit on the northwest edge of the park, near Bickles Knob
- Stuarts Recreation Area: only 3 miles from cabin rental, great for hiking, swimming, picnics in addition to stocked stream fishing.
- Bickles Knob: located 7 miles from cabins, one of the few remaining observation towers in WV.
- Otter Creek Wilderness: located 16 miles from the cabins. Otter Creek lies in a bowl shape sourrounded by Shavers Mountain and McGowen Mountain.
- Dolly Sods Wilderness: part of the National Wilderness Preservation system, about 40 min drive to Red Creek trailhead or Breathed Mtn. trailhead
- Seneca Rocks: beautiful 30 min drive to enjoy rock climbing, fishing and hiking in addition to one of the best known landmarks in WV.
- Cranberry Glades Botanical Area: close to a 2 hr drive from cabins but well worth the trip since it is the largest area of protected bogs in WV
Few of our favorite restaurants to enjoy while vacationing at the Cabins of Kelly Mountain.
Forks Restaurant: Upscale dining with a mixture of fine comfort food and American dining. Menu changes seasonally, closed Mondays. Located on the same property as the cabins. www.attheforks.com/dining
Smoke on the Water: Great BBQ restaurant and local hang out, live music on the weekends and only min. from the cabins.
CJ Maggies: Favorite of everyones in town, great local hang out and family friendly atmosphere. Located downtown Elkins WV.
El Grand Sabor: Authentic Latin cuisine and live music Wednesday and weekends.
Scotties of Elkins: fantastic local down home diner, breakfast is a must here. Located downtown Elkins
Jabberwock Bar & Grill: Great late night hang out with pool tables and music. Also feature a grill with great hoagies and sandwiches.