Area activities and tourism near Elkins, West Virginia is as much as an adventure while also being a mecca of local art, culture and history for WV. Furthermore we are located between two ski resorts, Canaan Valley Ski Resort (30 min) & Snow Show Ski Resort ( 70 min). In addition, Elkins WV is home to Durbin & Greenbrier Valley Railroad where you can catch the Polar Express or the New Tygart Flyer.
Outdoor Activities in and around Randolph County, WV.
- Monongahela National Park: Cabins sit on the northwest edge of the park, near Bickles Knob
- Stuarts Recreation Area: only 3 miles from cabin rental, great for hiking, swimming, picnics in addition to stocked stream fishing.
- Bickles Knob: located 7 miles from cabins, one of the few remaining observation towers in WV.
- Otter Creek Wilderness: located 16 miles from the cabins. Otter Creek lies in a bowl shape sourrounded by Shavers Mountain and McGowen Mountain.
- Dolly Sods Wilderness: part of the National Wilderness Preservation system, about 40 min drive to Red Creek trailhead or Breathed Mtn. trailhead
- Seneca Rocks: beautiful 30 min drive to enjoy rock climbing, fishing and hiking in addition to one of the best known landmarks in WV.
- Cranberry Glades Botanical Area: close to a 2 hr drive from cabins but well worth the trip since it is the largest area of protected bogs in WV
- Artist at Work
- Randolph County Community Art Center
- Ceramics with Class
History & Museums
- Augusta Heritage Center
- Appalachian Discovery Center
- West Virginia Railroad Museum
Theater & Music
- American Mountain Theater
- Old Brick Playhouse
- Pickin in the Park
- Franks Family Music Show
Few of our favorite restaurants to enjoy while vacationing at the Cabins of Kelly Mountain.
Forks Restaurant: Upscale dining with a mixture of fine comfort food and American dining. Menu changes seasonally, closed Mondays. Located on the same property as the cabins. www.attheforks.com/dining
Smoke on the Water: Great BBQ restaurant and local hang out, live music on the weekends and only min. from the cabins.
CJ Maggies: Favorite of everyones in town, great local hang out and family friendly atmosphere. Located downtown Elkins WV.
El Grand Sabor: Authentic Latin cuisine and live music Wednesday and weekends.
Scotties of Elkins: fantastic local down home diner, breakfast is a must here. Located downtown Elkins
Jabberwock Bar & Grill: Great late night hang out with pool tables and music. Also feature a grill with great hoagies and sandwiches.